Wednesday 25 December 2013

My VegeChristmas

Grandmother's Nativity.
She is very religious
    And so the Christmas lunch is over.

    As announced, it was completely based on vegan cooking. To tell you the truth, my kindred used cheese on pasta and eggs and milk for the dessert, but they were very attentive on all the other dishes. Still, between vegan and vegetarian recipes, it was a very cruelty-free oriented event. Even, at some point, one of my aunts, while eating a soy-based dish, exclaimed: "This stew is very tasty! This meat is so tender!". Se was really convinced that it was a real meat stew!

Cousin and aunt
at work in the kitchen
    The menu was quite varied, and included salt pies as appetizers, along with a common millet salad, a very tasty risotto with mushrooms, a special soybean stew with peperoni, some chicory, and fruits in quantity.

    It's been an ejoyable lunch for everyone, even for the ones most skeptical about the absence of meat. My cousin actually has not resisted to taste a meat roulade prepared by my grandmother for tomorrow, but it was a single, isolated, case.

    I am proud of my family. At least for today ;).

Photo of the table
Salt pies
Soyabean stew

No comments:

Post a Comment