Friday 8 August 2014

A Small Anecdote

    Before last Christmas, between October and November 2013, I finally decided to give a deeper try to Star Wars: The Old Republic (the MMORPG from Bioware / EA), which I played in its early days, with little enthusiasm.

    This time I decided to pull out the 12 euros needed to play "full powered" for a whole month. After createing my human Jedi Guardian with thriving joy, I went into the Galaxy of the Old Republic, loving the experience alot.

    Massive amount of quests (many of which quite funny and interesting, though, in the end, they always resolves around the usual take quest - go clik/kill - report), several instances (trying to learn how to tank all those enemies with ranged weapons!) and a lots of hilarious PvP (funny!). All of this without joining a clan, enjoying the freedom to explore the game with my times and some privacy. So, I often used the public chat for help or a talk here and there.

    During one of the many breaks, wasting time on the Republican orbital fleet, a bloody discussion on God, religion and similar dangerous arguments exploded in the public chat. After spending a few minutes reading the verbal confrontation, I decided to intrude with a "joke". So I wrote, perhaps in favor of one of the factions, but not on purpose, the following sentence: "I find your lack of faith disturbing"... The result? A sudden shift to general laughter, and a burst of Star Wars quoting by everyone, with the addition of the almost instantaneous dissipation of the controversial discussion (and including a good amount of private messages from amused strangers).

    Moral: You can solve most arguments in life with a good and solid Star Wars quote :) . Darth Vader Approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment