Thursday 17 July 2014

My first HangOut RPG experience!


    So yesterday evening I played an RPG for the first time using Hangout as a videochat. The game of choice has been PSI*RUN, a very interesting game which employ few strong mechanics and put more emphasis on the narrative aspect.

    The experience has been quite interesting and satisfying, even if I expected a better quality of the videochat service (I employ a powerful internet connection). Still, this tool seems a very strong choice for playing RPGs when you're unable to gather around a table with other guys.

    The game itself met my tastes very quickly, as it is very narrative and with a very low mathematic aspect: after years spent on the nastily numerical systems like d20 System or GURPS (even if I still consider GURPS a great game engine), I ended up liking narrative systems like FATE or The One Ring much, much more. The other players has been a very good company, too.

    I hope to be able to use this tool very soon to play some Star Wars- themed RPG. Pity my english is not that great, or I could play with foreign people without problems!

By the way, you can buy the italian version of the PSI*RUN game at this link: http://www.narrattiva.it/psirun

No comments:

Post a Comment