Tuesday 5 November 2013

Escape from Mos Shuuta

Beginner's Set
    I finally got to try the new Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game! I used the Beginner 's Kit to introduce both me to game mastering, and players to the new mechanics.

    The adventure was extremely linear, but still fun and full of Star War's flavor. In just 3 hours we cleared the plot, which included fierce firefights with blasters, raging Wookies with huge axes and risky meetings resolved with talk and wits!

    The system proved to be entertaining , immediate, dynamic and fluid, even if I was wrong to understand one of the main rules for the interpretation of the results of the dice, which made ​​it all too easy to overcome checks (both for me and for the players)!

    Pre-generated characters are more powerful than those created with the core rulebook, but this was not an issue at all. The characters have chosen the Twi'lek Bounty Hunter, the Human Smuggler and the Wookie Hired Gun, leaving out the Droid Colonist.

    I'm really curious to see which group will jump out of the standard creation procedure and I 'm looking forward to finishing the basic manual to create my first adventure!

    May the Force be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment