Thursday 11 July 2013

UbiSoft store vs Origin store!

    So two days ago I pre-ordered the BLACK CHEST Edition of Assassin's Creed 4. I decided to pre-order directly from the UbiSoft site, but unfortunately I made a mistake, buying the game for PS4 instead for PS3 (damn, similar logos! :) ). I intend to buy the new Sony console as soon as it is available (already preordained on Amazon), but I have contacted Ubi customer service immediately, asking if it was possible to CHANGE my order from PS3 to PS4, in order to be able to play AC4 as soon as possible. First thing, Ubi customer service is not contactable by telephone, but only through a system of "tickets" which can be accessed from the site. I was told, one day after my request, I have to DELETE the order, not CHANGE it, you kidding?!? No, absolutely not: the order must be deleted, remade and the deposit of € 9.99 is lost.

    Now, I certainly do not know the complex mechanisms behind UbiSHop e-commerce, but I worked with databases and web-software in the past, and my experience tells me that it is not a too complex action to change a database record. So, if the customer service of UbiSoft can not do such a thing, it simply means they're are more interested in protecting the company rather than customers.

    Some time ago I had a similar problem with the online shop of Origin (EA), regarding Battlefield 3, so I found myself contacting their customer service. First of all, I could call them by phone, talking to a sympathetic and helpful guy in the flesh, not with an operator hiding behind the fictitious name "qqfghhthh." Second, the problem was solved in a completely satisfactory way, allowing me to manage the money tied to the transaction in the way I preferred (refund, redirection to other products), with the only clause to decide by the 18:00 of next two days. I have even been made an offer for a new product a few more money than those I spent with a discount of 15%.
All trading moves, of course, aimed to make me buy something at the Origin store anyway (maybe even spending some € more than the budgeted), but done in a much more polite, correct, helpful and concrete way, respect to UbiSoft customer service.

    So what? So thanks Origin, thanks EA and F**k O*f UbiSoft! You're just lucky I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed franchise, otherwise you would have just lost a customer, even if a corporation like you don't care less!!

No comments:

Post a Comment